Fast Five Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Holiday-related Dangers?

Richard H. Sinert, DO

Disclosures

December 07, 2015

Although long believed to be highly toxic and incredibly dangerous, most research has shown that poinsettia ingestions are not a significant medical concern. Some mucous membrane irritation or gastrointestinal (GI) distress may be reported, but such incidents are rare. No treatment is routinely recommended, other than comforting the parents and affected child. Instructions should be provided in the rare case that GI distress does develop.

For more on GI distress in children, read here.

Comments

3090D553-9492-4563-8681-AD288FA52ACE
Comments on Medscape are moderated and should be professional in tone and on topic. You must declare any conflicts of interest related to your comments and responses. Please see our Commenting Guide for further information. We reserve the right to remove posts at our sole discretion.

processing....