Fast Five Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Holiday-related Dangers?

Richard H. Sinert, DO


December 07, 2015

All parts of the mistletoe plant contain toxic elements. Consumption results in vomiting, stomach pain, and diarrhea. However, ingestion of only 1-2 berries will not result in serious harm to children.

For more on diarrhea in children, one of the presenting symptoms of this ingestion, read here.


Comments on Medscape are moderated and should be professional in tone and on topic. You must declare any conflicts of interest related to your comments and responses. Please see our Commenting Guide for further information. We reserve the right to remove posts at our sole discretion.